My client who is based on the outskirts of Peterborough is currently seeking an Events Assistant to join their team on a full time and permanent basis. This is a unique role which will see you working in a variety of environments, one day you could be at your desk, the next you could be loading up a van and setting up a stand in the middle of a field!
This is an exciting and hands-on role! The successful applicant will be responsible for attending events across the country. You will oversee the process from start to finish, this will include event preparation, setting up the event stand and ensuring that everything is in place ready for the event to open.
At the events, with the support of an experienced sales team you will also interact with members of the public and promote seasonal offers and packages. Back in the office you will support the events team and oversee general administration.
Due to the responsibilities within this role, previous events or retail experience is essential. There will also be a lot of heavy lifting and manual work so a level of physical fitness is required.
The successful applicant will be required to work frequent weekends and due to the requirements of the role, a full UK driving licence is essential.
• Maintain and organise event equipment, assemble the event stand when on site
• Attend and participate in various events across the country
• Engage with customers and members of the public
• Merchandise event stands, increasing sales and customer attraction
• Complete all necessary paperwork for each event – risk assessments, H&S, etc.
• Work closely with the event and marketing teams
• Manage marketing equipment
• General event administration
• Manual lifting
• Driving company vehicles
• Well organised, conscientious and reliable
• Able to communicate clearly and confidently with customers and colleagues
• Self-disciplined and dedicated
• Able to adapt to changing environments and situations
• A strong and hardworking team player
This is a busy and demanding role which in return will provide a huge amount of job satisfaction and the opportunity to work alongside a fantastic team!
Working hours will vary and will include weekends. For more information, please apply directly.