My client is currently seeking an IT Manager to join their growing business in the heart of Peterborough. Due to ongoing success and recent business changes they require an IT Manager to lead their transition onto a new IT infrastructure.
This is a new and all-encompassing position which will include a range of IT responsibilities. Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for the transition of an established IT infrastructure, whilst also identifying and implementing new technologies.
This is a permanent role and an excellent opportunity to lead on a number of IT projects.
• Working alongside company stakeholders to develop and deliver a digital workplace strategy.
• Working on multiple IT infrastructure projects relating to internal software and hardware systems.
• Undertaking research for IT developments combining costs and organisation productivity gains through new technology solutions.
• Create and maintain accurate documentation in relation to IT Processes, budgeting, and infrastructure setup.
• Providing IT support to internal business users, including troubleshooting and fixing of hardware, software and network related issues.
• Systems Administration
• Administration and maintenance of servers, networking equipment, phone system, backup solution, telecoms etc.
Technical skills required:
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking stack, switches, routers, firewalls, Wireless access points, DHCP, DNS
• Knowledge / Management of Microsoft Office 365 Tenancy and cloud related technologies including Azure/SharePoint/Exchange/InTune/ Teams.
• Windows Server 2012/R2/2016/2019
• Windows desktop skills (Windows 10)
• Virtualization Technology – Hyper-V
• Active Directory – Group Policy
• Peripheral devices, including network printers, scanners, etc.
• Anti-Virus and malware protection solutions
• Any of the following industry certifications are advantageous: ITIL, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+, Security+ certification or similar is desirable but not essential.
• Experience in designing, implementing, administering, supporting and training in a Microsoft Modern Desktop Cloud environment (Azure, Office365, Intune, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Teams)
• Strong knowledge and proficiency in implementing best practice and integration with other Office 365 collaborative services
• Microsoft Active Directory including Domain Migration/Integration.
• Hands-on involvement in migrating services to Office 365
We are seeking a self-motivated and project-orientated individual excited by new challenges. You will be an essential part of this companies development and must be able to clearly communicate with colleagues of all levels across the business. This is a stand-alone IT role so the ability to adopt a hands on approach is essential.
For more information, please apply directly.