I am currently recruiting on behalf of a market leading UK based business with central offices located here in Peterborough. My client is currently recruiting a Purchasing Coordinator to join their team on a full time and permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable and successful business who offer excellent employee benefits.
We are ideally seeking an individual with previous experience of working within a purchasing team and a fast paced office environment.
Responsibilities – Purchasing Coordinator:
• Work closely with the sales department to develop forecast plans and scheduled purchase order requirements
• Plan and place orders
• Review and manage supplier relationships and expectations at all times
• Manage lead times and communicate these across the business
• Negotiate purchase contracts, including pricing and payment terms
• Coordinate packaging and transport requirements with all suppliers
• Maintain system administration, compile reports when required
• Work closely with and communicate with the wider business to ensure business demands are met and exceeded
Skills required – Purchasing Coordinator:
• Exceptional communication skills
• Previous experience of working within a fast paced and demanding office environment
• Previous experience within a purchasing department would be ideal
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong and pro-active team player
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Confident using Excel
• Knowledge of a MRP system is extremely beneficial
My client is based close to the city centre and offers free on-site parking. Working hours are Monday to Friday. For the successful applicant there could be the opportunity to travel outside of the UK. For more information, please apply directly.